What is IQOS?
Heating tobacco instead of burning
Discover IQOS Science
What is IQOS?
Heating tobacco instead of burning
Discover IQOS Science
Learn more about the device
A «2-in-1» device
1. Application of Terms/Eligibility 1.1 These terms and conditions (Terms) are applicable to and govern your participation in the MyIQOS program (MyIQOS ). You should read these Terms carefully as they provide details regarding this service (and do not impair your legal rights) and govern your relationship with Philip Morris Sales & Marketing LTD (Philip Morris). 1.2 You are only eligible for membership of MyIQOS if: you are an adult smoker or IQOS user aged 18 years and over and you are registered in our IQOS database; and your main residence is in a country where MyIQOS is available. 1.3 In order to benefit of MyIQOS you must have an eligible device as described in paragraph 2.1 (Device) registered in our database, such as but not limited to: either at iqos.com, by calling customer service center, by email, at IQOS coach or at a participating IQOS store or by default by those updated Terms and Conditions. 1.4 By signing up for MyIQOS, these settlements become mandatory for the parties. Likewise, if you register another Device, or if we change these Terms, and you then useMyIQOS, you agree to be bound by these Terms. Your acceptance of these Terms is deemed to occur in the country of your registered residence as per our IQOS database. 1.5 If you do not agree (or cannot comply) with these Terms, then you are not permitted to use MyIQOS. 1.6 No modification of these Terms by you is permitted unless Philip Morris expressly agrees in writing. 1.7 MyIQOS is an additional service offered by Philip Morris to eligible users, and we, under these regulations, reserving the right to refuse this service provision for any reason including if you breach any of these Terms. 1.8 We also reserve the right to amend these Terms and MyIQOS upon notice at any time, if there is a grounded reason to do so. If you do not agree to any such amendments, you may terminate your membership of MyIQOS.
2. Eligible Devices/Registration 2.1 The following Device models are eligible for registration in MyIQOS: (a) IQOS 2.4, IQOS 2.4+, IQOS 3, IQOS 3 DUO or Holders, Chargers and it’s components (holder’s cap and charger’s door) thereof (b) IQOS 3 MULTI and it’s component (holder’s cap) 2.2 The Device must have a readable and valid serial number. Secondhand Devices are not eligible for registration. 2.3 Your use of MyIQOS is linked to your country of residence. As MyIQOS is only available in certain countries if you change your country of residence, then you must inform us and reapply to use MyIQOS in your new country of residence.
3. Membership/Termination 3.1 For Devices purchased from January 1, 2018 until the launch date of MyIQOS, which are already registered in our database, you can activate the MyIQOS program any time after accepting the Terms & Conditions of the program or to benefit from the default subscription following appropriate notice thereof. The program will be valid within the remaining duration of the voluntary warranty period, issued for your Device in the country of purchase. 3.2 For Devices purchased afterMyIQOS launch date, the term of your membership in the program is from the date of acceptance of these Terms & Conditions and valid within the remaining duration of the voluntary warranty period, issued for your Device at purchase. 3.3 You may terminate your membership of MyIQOS at any time with immediate effect by notifying Philip Morris by email at email@example.com or by calling IQOS Customer Care center at 0 8000 24 00 or by addressing your inquiry in any of the participating stores. Upon termination of your membership, you are no longer entitled to receive the Services for any of your Devices. 3.4 Philip Morris may terminate your membership with MyIQOS at any time with immediate effect if you breach these Terms. Philip Morris may also terminate your membership for any reason upon 30 days’ notice. 3.5 Membership of MyIQOS entitles you to the services described in paragraphs 4 and 5 (Services).
4. Accidental Damage 4.1 If your Device suffers accidental and unintended damage that affects the functionality of your Device which is not caused by your misuse or reckless behavior (Accidental Damage) you may be eligible for a replacement Device or it’s components (holder’s cap or charger’s door) as described in this paragraph 4. 4.2 You must give the damaged Device (including all components) or it’s components (holder’s cap or charger’s door) to Philip Morris and you will be provided with a replacement IQOS device or related components of the same type of equivalent to a new Device in performance and reliability. If a replacement IQOS device of the same type is not available, an IQOS device which is at least functionally equivalent will be provided as a replacement. Philip Morris will keep all replaced Devices or its components. If only part of the Device is damaged e.g. the holder, charger, holder’s cap or charger’s door then only the damaged part will be replaced, and Philip Morris will only keep the replaced part of the Device. 4.3. Limitations from Accidental Damage (a) You must take all reasonable precautions to protect your Device and use and maintain the Device in accordance with its instructions and user guide. If you do not do so then you are not entitled to a replacement Device. (b) You are limited to one replacement Device or it’s components for Accidental Damage for each registered Device. After the first claim is settled, the Accidental Damage in your country of residence on this program will cease. However, you can still receive the remaining Services from MyIQOS program for your Device, until the end of your membership term, that corresponds with the period of the device voluntary warranty. (c) You are not entitled to a replacement Device or it’s components where the Accidental Damage was caused prior to the launch date of MyIQOS or where any of the following circumstances are applicable: - Any product that is not an eligible Device as per the list contained in paragraph 2.1; - Damage caused by abuse or misuse, or actual, or attempted, modification or alteration of the Device, power surge; - Devices with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed; - Devices that have been opened, serviced, modified or altered in a manner not authorized by Philip Morris; - The loss or theft of your Device; - Cosmetic damage to your Device which does not affect the functionality of the Device, including, but not limited to, hairline cracks, scratches, dents, broken plastic on ports and discoloration; - Damage or failure caused by normal wear and tear and/or usage of the Device; - Improper handling, or liquid contact, damage from fire, flood, or natural disaster, war, terrorism, or acts of God; - Malfunction due to use with non-compatible product; - Damage or malfunction caused by failure to use as described in the associated IQOS User Guide or - Failure due to defects in materials and/or workmanship and/or design; however, such failures may be covered separately either by your consumer rights or by the IQOS voluntary warranty that is in addition and without prejudice to all rights and remedies provided by consumer protection laws in the country of purchase. 4.4. Making a claim under Accidental Damage (a) You must: - Report your claim to Philip Morris by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by addressing your inquiry in any of the participating stores as soon as possible and no later than 14 days from the date your Device suffers Accidental Damage, including the following information: (1) Name, Surname, Date and Year of birth, Telephone Number and the serial number for the affected Device; (2) description of the symptoms, problems with or causes of the damage to the Device; (3) error messages; and (4) actions taken before the Device experienced problems and any steps you took to resolve the problem; - If requested by Philip Morris, you must provide proof of purchase for your Device; and - Otherwise comply with Philip Morris’s return Devices authorization process. (b) You may also make a claim via customer service center by telephoning at a href="tel: 0 8000 24 00">0 8000 24 00 and providing the same information detailed in paragraph 4.4(a). (c) You must not send Philip Morris products and accessories that are not supported by Accidental Damage replacement. If you send Philip Morris these items, they will not be returned and they will be destroyed. (d) Philip Morris will determine whether you are entitled to a replacement Device or it’s components in accordance with these Terms. If you are entitled to a replacement Device or it’s components (holder, charger, holder’s cap or charger’s door) this will be provided to you in one of the following ways: (i) Carry-in service. You can return your affected Device or it’s components to a participating IQOS store and participating IQOS service points you will be provided with a replacement. (e) If you seek to claim a replacement Device in a country that is not the country of purchase, you will need to comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations, and you will be responsible for all customs duties, value added tax and other associated taxes and charges that may apply.
5. International Assistance 5.1 You have access to an international toll free number (charges may apply in some locations) when traveling abroad to countries where IQOS is commercialized by Philip Morris or its affiliates or an authorized partner. This service includes troubleshooting assistance from experienced IQOS agents and if required, replacement of your Device within the situations described above which relate to: Accidental Damage in accordance with these Terms or IQOS Device issues defined in terms of material or workmanship when used in accordance with the IQOS User Guide. 5.2 Service options, Device availability, response and delivery times may vary according to country. This service will not affect your statutory rights and rights under IQOS voluntary warranty valid in the country of purchase. 5.3 Limitations from International Assistance (a) The limitations contained in paragraph 4.3 (Limitation) apply to Accidental Damage replacement under International Assistance. (b) The following are excluded from replacement of IQOS Device issues defined in terms of material or workmanship when used in accordance with the IQOS User Guide the service: - Damage caused by normal wear and tear; - Cosmetic damage (such as scratches, dents, broken plastic etc.); - Damage caused by misuse, power surge, improper handling, liquid contact or fire; - Malfunction due to use with non-compatible product; - Damage or malfunction caused by attempt to open, modify and repair, either by a user or by a service provider not accredited by the manufacturer; or - Damage or malfunction caused by failure to use as described in the associated IQOS User Guide. 5.4 Making a claim under International Assistance (a) You must: - Report your claim to customer service center by telephoning the number +80025592559 or +41215478888 as soon as possible and no later than 14 (calendrical) days from the date your Device suffers Accidental Damage or IQOS Device issues defined in terms of material or workmanship when used in accordance with the IQOS User Guide, including the following information: (1) Name, Surname, Date and Year of birth, Telephone Number and the serial number for the affected Device; (2) description of the symptoms, problems with or causes of the damage to the Device; (3) error messages; and (4) actions taken before the Device experienced problems and any steps you took to resolve the problem; - If requested by Philip Morris, you must provide proof of purchase for your Device; and - Follow packaging and mailing instructions given by Philip Morris for shipping the affected Device to Philip Morris; and - Otherwise comply with Philip Morris’s return Devices authorization process. (b) Philip Morris will determine whether you are entitled to a replacement Device in accordance with these Terms. If you are entitled to a replacement Device this will be provided to you in one of the following ways: - Courier delivery. A replacement Device will be couriered to you and you must send the affected Device to Philip Morris - Carry-in service. You can return your affected Device to a participating IQOS store and participating IQOS service points you will be provided with a replacement. - Mail-in service. Philip Morris will provide you with prepaid postage and packaging required so that you can send your affected Device Equipment to Philip Morris. Once the screening is complete, Philip Morris will return the Device or a replacement to you. Philip Morris will pay postage costs to and from your location if all instructions are followed by you. (c) You will need to comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations, and you will be responsible for all customs duties, value added tax and other associated taxes and charges that may apply.
6. Other Services
6.1 IQOS Coach. You will have access to a dedicated remote coach for supporting you with information and recommendation in regard of IQOS device usage and cleaning. Access is during normal business hours in your country of residence.
6.2 Rapid Replacement. This service provides for rapid replacement of your Device or it’s components (holder, charger, holder’s cap or charger’s door) in case of Accidental Damage and/or where you have a valid claim for IQOS Device issues defined in terms of material or workmanship when used in accordance with the IQOS User Guide. Eligibility for this service is determined by Philip Morris. This service is only applicable in the selected locations of your country of registration.
6.3 Recycle program “Smart Change”
You are eligible to participate in the IQOS device recycling program - "Smart Change" in which Philip Morris accepts, for further disposal and recycling, devices of the IQOS 2.4+, IQOS 3 or IQOS 3 MULTI versions, for which the warranty period has expired or is about to expire, with the issuance of an Environmental Voucher, the cost of which is deducted when purchasing a new IQOS 3 DUO Device. Please read the terms of participation in the program here.
7. Your Obligations. You agree: (a) not to misuse the MyIQOS program and the Services; (b) to keep your membership account safe and secure; (c) where an exchange takes place, then any replacement Device becomes your property and the replaced Device becomes the property of the entity which makes the exchange; and (d) to comply with applicable law.
8. Warranty/Limitation of Liability 8.1 As your membership of MyIQOS is free of charge, it is provided ‘As Is’ and without any warranty. 8.2 Philip Morris shall not be liable to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law whether in tort (including for negligence or breach of statutory duty), contract, misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise for any direct losses, loss of profits, sales, revenues or savings, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses or loss or corruption of data or information, or pure economic loss, or for any special, indirect or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses however arising or otherwise resulting from your membership of MyIQOS or your use of the Services. Philip Morris shall not be liable for any of the losses described in this paragraph 8.2 even if you have informed Philip Morris of the possibility of such losses. 8.3 Nothing in this paragraph 8 excludes any liability that cannot be excluded by applicable law. 8.4 Device components replacement (holder’s cap or charger’s door) do not extend device warranty period, but keep the possibility to replace damaged device once, during active warranty period.
9. Miscellaneous 9.1 MyIQOS is not an insurance policy. 9.2 MyIQOS is currently provided free of charge. 9.3 The terms and conditions of the protection of personal data provided by Philip Morris applied in relation to personal data concerning you will be carried out in accordance with the TERMS AND CONDITIONS REGARDING THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND E-COMMERCE. 9.4 These Terms are subject to the laws of the registered office of Philip Morris. Any legal dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the city in which Philip Morris has its registered office. 9.5 For questions, inquiries and contact information please refer to www.iqos.com or to email address email@example.com.